Many patients wonder what the difference is between SculpSure and CoolSculpting and if one is specifically better than the other. Pinehurst Laser has decided on SculpSure over CoolSculpting. Below outlines the reason we believe SculpSure is the better choice.
Both CoolSculpting and SculpSure are contouring machines that use temperature to destroy fat cells. They both also retain about an 80% patient satisfaction rate. That is where the similarities end.
Now for the significant differences between CoolSculpting and SculpSure:
- Treatment area and time – SculpSure takes only 25 minutes and can treat multiple areas at the same time. CoolSculpting treatments take 60 minutes and can only treat one area at a time.
- Pain level – Patients who have had CoolSculpting treatments have reported bruising and pain after treatment, sometimes requiring pain medication. CoolSculpting can also damage the body’s nerves. While SculpSure patients have reported a comfortable warming sensation on the skin during treatment and they were able to immediately get back to normal daily activities after.
- No Suction – CoolSculpting applicators require areas of fat large enough to be pulled and sucked up into the applicator. If the problem area is not big enough, it simply cannot be treatment by CoolSculpting. SculpSure uses flat applicators that don’t use the suction method, instead employing heated lasers to destroy the fat cells, this allows SculpSure to treat the tinniest pockets of fat.
- Shelving or “Shark Bite” – Because CoolSculpting uses the suction method, some patients see a sharp indentation on the treatment area vs the untreated area, mimicking the look of a shark bite. SculpSure uses an applicator that sits on top of the skin with no suction necessary. Using the heat from lasers, the treatment spreads beyond the applicator head blending the treated and untreated areas, avoiding the “shark bite” side effect.
Tired of daily shaving? Thinking about upcoming beach season? Get ready to toss your razor and find a better way to achieve smooth skin with laser hair removal. The best and most effective way to stop hair growth, laser hair removal targets hair follicles at their root in order to stop hair growth for months or even permanently. While laser hair removal does not work on light blond or gray hair, it can be effective on any skin type.
Benefits of Laser Hair Removal
When you come to Pinehurst Laser for laser hair removal, you know you’re getting the most cutting-edge method of removing hair on the body. Wherever you want to target hair growth, we work with you to permanently reduce hair faster and more effectively than ever before. Some of the benefits of our laser hair removal treatments include:
- A way to permanently remove hair on the body
- Effective on dark and light skin types
- Freedom from shaving and waxing
- Freedom from unsightly stubble
How Laser Hair Removal Works
Laser hair removal sends concentrated beams of laser light through the skin to individual hair follicles. As the light gets absorbed by the pigment, it damages the follicle in such a way as to inhibit future hair growth. Results from treatment can last anywhere from a few months to several years, providing a long-lasting hair removal option patients love,
Are you interested in learning more about laser hair removal? Contact us anytime to set up a free consultation, and you can talk with one of our experts about your situation and our treatments.
Book Your Free Consultation
Does your skin show the signs of wear that come from years of sun exposure? Are you frustrated by dark spots, age spots, wrinkles and/or fine lines? If so, it may be time to think about the laser and skin care treatments we offer at Pinehurst Laser. For hyperpigmentation, sun damage, freckles and age spots, we provide state-of-the-art, anti-aging laser skin rejuvenation treatment that reduces wrinkles and helps resurface the skin.
What Is Skin Rejuvenation?
Whether you’re after a healthier complexion, smoother skin tones or younger looking skin, skin rejuvenation treatments can make all the difference. At Pinehurst Laser, we use a variety of different lasers and light-based procedures to target skin issues caused by age and sun exposure. These treatments include:
- Intense Pulsed Light
- Laser Facials
Are you ready to learn more about skin rejuvenation and how it can breathe new life into your skin? Talk to us! Book a free consultation to speak with one of our experts about the benefits of laser skin treatments for you.
Set Up a Free Consultation
JUVEDERM® VOLBELLA® is a hyaluronic-acid-based cosmetic filler designed to give the lips a smoother, more natural-looking, youthful glow. Peri-oral rhytids more commonly known as lip lines can be treated with Volbella to soften their appearance around the mouth.
Part of the family of JUVEDERM products featuring VYCROSS® technology, VOLBELLA counteracts the natural loss of collagen, elastic and hyaluronic acid that’s common with age. Through a simple, in-office treatment that can include pain-reducing lidocaine, it has clinically proven results for up to 12 months. Patients like VOLBELLA® for being a gel with efficient lift capacity and long-lasting results.
Some overall highlights of VOLBELLA:
- Softening of lip lines around the mouth
- High satisfaction rates
- Enhanced with pain-reducing lidocaine
- Very natural looking results with new formulation
Even with diet and exercise, some parts of the body are notoriously hard to slim down—especially the flanks and the abs. So when you’re having a hard time eliminating all areas of fat, think of SculpSure as your secret weapon.
What Is SculpSure?
A noninvasive, nonsurgical, body-contouring laser treatment that relies on controlled, light-based technology, SculpSure is an effective way to sculpt and shape fatty areas on the stomach or the flanks. It has been shown to get patients results in as little as 12 weeks—or, in some cases, even six weeks—trimming away excess fat to unveil a leaner, trimmer appearance.
How Does It Work?
Through short, 25 minute treatment sessions, with minimal discomfort that feel like a warm yet cooling sensation on your skin, SculpSure damages fat cells in such a way as to force the body to eliminate them over time. It heats these cells beneath the skin, without damage to the skin’s surface in any way. The body naturally responds by processing these damaged cells away and out of the body, leaving behind a leaner, more sculpted appearance at the treatment location.
Is There Downtime Involved?
After each SculpSure treatment, you are free to resume daily activities right away. While you may see results in just six to twelve weeks, you will likely need multiple treatments to achieve the best results.
SculpSure Treatments at The Laser Institute of Pinehurst
When you’re ready to learn more about the effective SculpSure treatments we offer at The Laser Institute of Pinehurst, all you have to do is get in touch with our team. We’ll be glad to talk about your specific situation and develop a customized treatment plan catered to you.
Get in touch today to learn more!
Take 25% off any package of 5 Tattoo Removals when purchasing the package in advance. No other discounts apply. Treatments must be performed on Tuesdays or Thursdays.
Are you ready to say goodbye to shaving, tweezing, waxing and threading? With laser hair removal, you finally have a better, more lasting way to get rid of unwanted hair on your body. Currently the most commonly requested energy-based aesthetic treatment on the market, laser hair removal is a cutting-edge treatment used by more than 12 million individuals each year worldwide. Available to both male and female patients, it can work on a variety of different parts of the body, including the face, the arms, the chest, the back and more.
How Does Laser Hair Removal Work?
Laser hair removal uses the power of a laser beam to target and effectively damage individual hair follicles. As the wavelength passes through the skin to the follicle, it heats and disrupts the hair in such a way as to discourage or event prevent future growth.
Our Laser Hair Removal Services
At The Laser Institute of Pinehurst, we offer effective, long-lasting hair removal and permanent hair reduction through laser hair removal treatments. Available for any skin type, these treatments target the root of your hair in a way that stops growth for months or indefinitely.
- Targets the root of hair follicles
- Provides long-lasting results
- Frees you up from constant shaving, waxing, etc.
While laser hair removal can work on all skin types, it does not work well on very light hair colors. Patients with light blond or grey hair would be better served by our regular waxing or dermaplaning treatments.
Interested in learning more about laser hair removal at The Laser Institute of Pinehurst? Contact us today!
You can now safely, confidently get rid of unwanted tattoos in an easier, more effective way than ever before thanks to the variety of PicoSure hand pieces and advanced technology that we have available here at our office . PicoSure, the device known for providing safe and effective tattoo removal, becomes an even more powerful and useful tool with its advanced additional features:
- The PicoSure 755nm, the handpiece that comes with the base model of the device, provides optimal treatment for clients looking to treat tattoos. Some offices only offer this wavelength, but our office offers additional options for better results.
- The 532nm and 1064nm wavelength adapters will treat the harder-to-target colors like red, purple, yellow and orange tattoo inks.
- The PicoSure FOCUS Lens Array extends even beyond tattoo removal to handle skin rejuvenationand scar treatments.
To sum it up, The Laser Institute of Pinehurst is now able to treat an even wider variety of tattoo colors on a larger variety of skin types thanks to the capabilities of these handpieces. If you’ve got an unwanted tattoo that you are ready to do something about, now may be the perfect time.
Are you interested in learning more about tattoo removal? Contact us anytime! 910-295-1130
Save yourself the time and trouble of your daily makeup routine by getting a permanent makeup application! Similar to the idea of a tattoo, permanent makeup colorizes and highlights your skin, to your personal specifications tastes. It works via specialized pigments that get applied to the dermal layer of your skin, giving you the colored lips, lined eyelids or rosy cheeks you desire.
Who Benefits from Permanent Makeup
Anyone who meets the age requirements and is healthy enough to recover from minor wounds may be able to be a good candidate for permanent makeup. Nonetheless, this treatment is especially beneficial for:
- Those who have a busy lifestyle
- Those who have a hard time managing a daily makeup routine
- Those with poor eyesight
- Those who are sensitive to traditional cosmetics
- Active individuals who don’t want the hassle of sweating off cosmetics
A patient with poor eyesight or arthritis, for example, may welcome the freedom of knowing makeup is on and looking good each day. A busy executive who doesn’t want to mess with daily beauty regimes might find this convenience a relief. Whatever the case, for anyone who doesn’t want to or can’t spend time applying makeup each day, permanent makeup offers a solution.
Popular Permanent Makeup Options
Whether it’s colored lips or a full face of makeup that a person desires, it’s possible with permanent makeup. Some popular treatment areas include:
- Lip Color
- Scar Camouflage
- Lash Line Enhancement
- Beauty Marks
Does permanent makeup sound like a good solution for you? If you’re interested in learning more about this aesthetic treatment, contact us at The Laser Institute of Pinehurst today! 910-295-1130
Whether you’re longing for a youthful look or wanting to smooth away some wrinkles, injectable fillers could be the answer. At The Laser Institute of Pinehurst, we offer a variety of injectable fillers designed to give you nonsurgical, effective treatment options for counteracting the effects of aging. Our lineup of fillers includes:
- Juvederm™ Injectable Gel: Used to counteract moderate to severe facial folds and wrinkles, Juvederm™ is a hyaluronic gel that can smooth out the skin for up to a year.
- Radiesse™: A calcium-based product used to restore facial volume, sculpt contours on the face and smooth out smile lines, Radiesse provides a natural, youthful look for up to 18 months.
- Voluma Injectable Gel by Juvederm: This injectable provides a way to instantly increase the volume of the cheeks, creating a subtle lift and a more youthful profile for up to two years.
- Restylane Lyft: Known for treating facial folds, wrinkles and lips, Restylane Lyft (formerly known as Perlane) is an injectable that’s been used to correct smile lines and to restore cheek volume.
- Restylane Silk: Smooth away wrinkles and fine lines with Restylane Silk, a product known to enhance facial features.
- Belotero: Soft enough to treat delicate lip lines yet strong enough to tackle nasolabial folds, Belotero is a product specially designed to integrate into your skin.
Did you know that we also offer Kybella, which dissolves fat in a targeted fashion to reduce double chins (submental fullness)?
- Kybella: This injectable targets the submental area (beneath the chin) in order to improve a person’s profile.
Interested in learning more about our injectables and how they could help you smooth away wrinkles, lift parts of your face and improve your youthful glow? Contact us at The Laser Institute of Pinehurst to learn more. 910-295-1130