SculpSure is specifically designed to trim away areas of stubborn fat that are not responding to diet and exercise alone. It is the first FDA approved treatment for customizable, non-invasive lipolysis.
SculpSure uses a hyperthermic laser to disrupt and eliminate unwanted fat cells with precise and effective treatments. The treatment can be done in as little as 25 minutes and can treat 4 areas at one time. By using Contact Cooling the patient is kept comfortable throughout the short treatment and can resume regular activities immediately after.
Due to the use of the hyperthermic laser, the SculpSure applicator sits on top of the skin, blending the treated and untreated areas and avoiding the shelving or “shark bite” effect that other body contouring treatments sometimes leave behind.
- Bra fat
- Inner and outer thighs
Don’t wait for the New Year to start your body makeover call our office at 910.295.1130 today to schedule your complimentary consultation!
Contrary to popular belief, not all chemical peels will leave you hiding away from the rest of the world until the recovery time has taken its course. Chemical peels vary in intensity and strength, and can be applied to all skin types as well as other areas of the body other than just the face.
The Laser Institute of Pinehurst offers multiple options in skin rejuvenation using chemical peels. They are used as a non-surgical way to treat many skin conditions including:
- Aging skin
- Blackheads and whiteheads
- Sun damage
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- And so much more!
There are 3 chemical peel strengths: superficial, medium, and deep. Superficial peels are the lightest and treat discoloration, sun damage, very fine lines and soft wrinkles and stimulates collagen production. Superficial peels often take several treatments. Medium peels reach the entire epidermis and are used to treat stretch marks, wrinkles, and scars. As the skin recovers new, tighter, smoother skin replaces it. Both superficial and medium peels require little to no downtime. Deep peels go further by reaching the epidermis, the pappilary dermis and penetrating the reticular dermis. While this peel is the longest lasting and is used for spot treatment, deep scars, and deep wrinkles, it also requires the longest recovery time and can sometimes be painful.
After a consultation with Dr. Melley or one of her certified Aestheticians, a treatment plan will be customized for each patient’s particular needs. Call 910-295-1130 to schedule a skin consultation today!
The holidays are quickly approaching and Dr. Melley and her staff know that you want to look your best! Alicia and her make-up artists recommend Osmosis for an overall professional make-up look. Make-up is often used as a mask to cover up wrinkles and skin aging, but sometimes can dehydrate your skin or emphasize aging by settling into facial wrinkles. Osmosis is a skincare and make-up provider that uses a proprietary, unique wellness system to analyze the skin and body as a whole in order to treat and smooth fine lines and wrinkles as you wear the product.
Dr. Melley recommends Osmosis products to patients who want to treat aging skin while continuing their everyday make-up routines. Osmosis recently released a new Performance Wear Satin Foundation. This foundation is formulated with chamomile to promote anti-aging and hydration while providing long lasting, full coverage that smooths and plumps the skin, resulting in a flawless complexion. Osmosis make-up is also gluten free and vegan.
Osmosis recently added the following new make-up products to their complete line of make-up products:
- Eye Shadow and Blush Palette: beautiful shades for a natural look with choices in light radiance and a matte finish.
- Lip Pencils: Osmosis lip pencils provide richly pigmented, long lasting color.
- Performance Wear Skin Foundation: Lasting coverage that smooths and plumps the skin.
Osmosis Make-up products are formulated to enhance photography and create an even skin tone when you are under the camera’s lights.
Call 910-295-1130 to schedule a skin consultation today at the Laser Institute of Pinehurst! And stay tuned to Facebook for invites to our Make-up Events.
The face is one of the first areas of the body to show signs of aging. While there are many remedies available professing a quick fix for sun damage, age spots, acne, skin aging or all of them put together, in our experience laser treatments for facial rejuvenation yield the best results. PicoSure, one of our most popular laser treatments, is not only used for tattoo removal at the Laser Institute of Pinehurst; it is also used to rejuvenate the skin, giving the patient a more even tone with a youthful glow.
PicoSure works by using highly targeted energy, gently disrupting the particles responsible for pigmented skin such as freckles and age spots. With the Focus lens, PicoSure also targets wrinkles, age lines and acne scars. To improve the skin, PicoSure creates gentle pressure waves to activate the body’s natural immune response. It does not rely on high heat like other lasers. This allows patients to enjoy more comfortable sessions and a shorter recovery time after treatment, with most patients reporting only a few hours of mild redness.
If you are interested in PicoSure treatments to for any of the following:
- Acne scarring
- Sun damage
- Age spots
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Skin discoloration/pigmentation
Please contact the Laser Institute of Pinehurst at 910-295-1130 to schedule a consultation today!
*The Laser Institute of Pinehurst offers multiple choices in laser treatments. We recommend a consultation at our office to determine which laser treatment is the best for you.
If you’re one of the many Americans frustrated by fat under the chin (medically referred to as submental fullness), we’ve got good news. There is something you can do to smooth out your appearance and take years off your face. Say hello to a smoother, more attractive defined profile with Kybella® treatments!
What is Kybella?
The only FDA-approved injectable treatment of its kind, Kybella is an effective, nonsurgical strategy for permanently reducing fat under the chin area on the face. Its active ingredient, synthetic deoxycholic acid, helps break down fat by using the body’s own eliminate channels. Through a series of short, 15- to 20-minute sessions that are spaced at least a month apart, it’s able to target fat cells and damage them in such a way that the body eliminates them over time. What’s left is a smoother, leaner appearance that you’ll love.
Who Is a Good Candidate for Kybella?
If you are an adult who has moderate or more than moderate chin fullness, you may be a good candidate for Kybella. Exceptions include patients with infections in the treatment area. To know for sure if it’s right for you, talk to Dr. Melley, who can help you understand your options.
How Many Treatments Would I Need?
The specific number of treatments varies by individual. When you meet with Dr. Melley and discuss your situation, you can devise a treatment plan. Patients may receive from one to up to six total treatments.
Are you interested in learning more about Kybella? Ready to target your chin area with a treatment option designed for this region? Contact us today at 910-295-1130!
As our bodies age, good skin doesn’t happen by accident. In order to protect your skin from sun spots, age-related damage, acne, rosacea and other conditions, it’s vital that you understand what goes into good skin care and what you can do to protect your skin in the future. Here’s a look at some of the key skin care treatments we offer at Pinehurst Laser, along with how they can help you!
- Facials: From a Signature Restorative Facial to a to a Gentleman’s Facial to a Medical Grade Facial,
we offer a variety of facial treatments to give you spa luxury.
- Chemical Peels: Our innovative chemical peels treat acne, blackheads, whiteheads, sun damage, age damage, wrinkles and more through simulating, gentle, non-traumatic peels.
- Obagi Medical Products: The Obagi line of products offers transformative skin care through foaming gels, cleansers, toners, exfoliants and more.
- CosMedix Products: The CosMedix line of skin products includes a correction program, a cleanser, an antioxidant solution, exfoliators, serums and more.
- Lasers: We have a full suite of lasers to provide skin care to our patients, treating everything from sun-damaged skin to unwanted hair with the latest and most cutting-edge options.
- Pelleve: Wrinkles aren’t just another inevitability in life—with Pellevé® Wrinkle Reduction Treatment, you can achieve tighter, firmer, smoother skin in a quick in-office treatment that’s fully approved by the FDA.
- PicoSure: Revitalization treatments will target fine lines and wrinkles, even out skin tone, improve elasticity by collagen stimulation and decrease the appearance of acne scarring. Enjoy these treatments monthly to keep you “Red Carpet Ready” at all times.
Whatever your skin concern—wrinkles, acne, sun damage or something else—Pinehurst Laser as a solution for you. Talk to us anytime about breathing new life into your skin and turning back the clock on damage!
Set Up Your Consultation
Many patients wonder what the difference is between SculpSure and CoolSculpting and if one is specifically better than the other. Pinehurst Laser has decided on SculpSure over CoolSculpting. Below outlines the reason we believe SculpSure is the better choice.
Both CoolSculpting and SculpSure are contouring machines that use temperature to destroy fat cells. They both also retain about an 80% patient satisfaction rate. That is where the similarities end.
Now for the significant differences between CoolSculpting and SculpSure:
- Treatment area and time – SculpSure takes only 25 minutes and can treat multiple areas at the same time. CoolSculpting treatments take 60 minutes and can only treat one area at a time.
- Pain level – Patients who have had CoolSculpting treatments have reported bruising and pain after treatment, sometimes requiring pain medication. CoolSculpting can also damage the body’s nerves. While SculpSure patients have reported a comfortable warming sensation on the skin during treatment and they were able to immediately get back to normal daily activities after.
- No Suction – CoolSculpting applicators require areas of fat large enough to be pulled and sucked up into the applicator. If the problem area is not big enough, it simply cannot be treatment by CoolSculpting. SculpSure uses flat applicators that don’t use the suction method, instead employing heated lasers to destroy the fat cells, this allows SculpSure to treat the tinniest pockets of fat.
- Shelving or “Shark Bite” – Because CoolSculpting uses the suction method, some patients see a sharp indentation on the treatment area vs the untreated area, mimicking the look of a shark bite. SculpSure uses an applicator that sits on top of the skin with no suction necessary. Using the heat from lasers, the treatment spreads beyond the applicator head blending the treated and untreated areas, avoiding the “shark bite” side effect.
Tired of daily shaving? Thinking about upcoming beach season? Get ready to toss your razor and find a better way to achieve smooth skin with laser hair removal. The best and most effective way to stop hair growth, laser hair removal targets hair follicles at their root in order to stop hair growth for months or even permanently. While laser hair removal does not work on light blond or gray hair, it can be effective on any skin type.
Benefits of Laser Hair Removal
When you come to Pinehurst Laser for laser hair removal, you know you’re getting the most cutting-edge method of removing hair on the body. Wherever you want to target hair growth, we work with you to permanently reduce hair faster and more effectively than ever before. Some of the benefits of our laser hair removal treatments include:
- A way to permanently remove hair on the body
- Effective on dark and light skin types
- Freedom from shaving and waxing
- Freedom from unsightly stubble
How Laser Hair Removal Works
Laser hair removal sends concentrated beams of laser light through the skin to individual hair follicles. As the light gets absorbed by the pigment, it damages the follicle in such a way as to inhibit future hair growth. Results from treatment can last anywhere from a few months to several years, providing a long-lasting hair removal option patients love,
Are you interested in learning more about laser hair removal? Contact us anytime to set up a free consultation, and you can talk with one of our experts about your situation and our treatments.
Book Your Free Consultation
Does your skin show the signs of wear that come from years of sun exposure? Are you frustrated by dark spots, age spots, wrinkles and/or fine lines? If so, it may be time to think about the laser and skin care treatments we offer at Pinehurst Laser. For hyperpigmentation, sun damage, freckles and age spots, we provide state-of-the-art, anti-aging laser skin rejuvenation treatment that reduces wrinkles and helps resurface the skin.
What Is Skin Rejuvenation?
Whether you’re after a healthier complexion, smoother skin tones or younger looking skin, skin rejuvenation treatments can make all the difference. At Pinehurst Laser, we use a variety of different lasers and light-based procedures to target skin issues caused by age and sun exposure. These treatments include:
- Intense Pulsed Light
- Laser Facials
Are you ready to learn more about skin rejuvenation and how it can breathe new life into your skin? Talk to us! Book a free consultation to speak with one of our experts about the benefits of laser skin treatments for you.
Set Up a Free Consultation
JUVEDERM® VOLBELLA® is a hyaluronic-acid-based cosmetic filler designed to give the lips a smoother, more natural-looking, youthful glow. Peri-oral rhytids more commonly known as lip lines can be treated with Volbella to soften their appearance around the mouth.
Part of the family of JUVEDERM products featuring VYCROSS® technology, VOLBELLA counteracts the natural loss of collagen, elastic and hyaluronic acid that’s common with age. Through a simple, in-office treatment that can include pain-reducing lidocaine, it has clinically proven results for up to 12 months. Patients like VOLBELLA® for being a gel with efficient lift capacity and long-lasting results.
Some overall highlights of VOLBELLA:
- Softening of lip lines around the mouth
- High satisfaction rates
- Enhanced with pain-reducing lidocaine
- Very natural looking results with new formulation