If you’re one of the many Americans frustrated by fat under the chin (medically referred to as submental fullness), we’ve got good news. There is something you can do to smooth out your appearance and take years off your face. Say hello to a smoother, more attractive defined profile with Kybella® treatments!
What is Kybella?
The only FDA-approved injectable treatment of its kind, Kybella is an effective, nonsurgical strategy for permanently reducing fat under the chin area on the face. Its active ingredient, synthetic deoxycholic acid, helps break down fat by using the body’s own eliminate channels. Through a series of short, 15- to 20-minute sessions that are spaced at least a month apart, it’s able to target fat cells and damage them in such a way that the body eliminates them over time. What’s left is a smoother, leaner appearance that you’ll love.
Who Is a Good Candidate for Kybella?
If you are an adult who has moderate or more than moderate chin fullness, you may be a good candidate for Kybella. Exceptions include patients with infections in the treatment area. To know for sure if it’s right for you, talk to Dr. Melley, who can help you understand your options.
How Many Treatments Would I Need?
The specific number of treatments varies by individual. When you meet with Dr. Melley and discuss your situation, you can devise a treatment plan. Patients may receive from one to up to six total treatments.
Are you interested in learning more about Kybella? Ready to target your chin area with a treatment option designed for this region? Contact us today at 910-295-1130!
As our bodies age, good skin doesn’t happen by accident. In order to protect your skin from sun spots, age-related damage, acne, rosacea and other conditions, it’s vital that you understand what goes into good skin care and what you can do to protect your skin in the future. Here’s a look at some of the key skin care treatments we offer at Pinehurst Laser, along with how they can help you!
- Facials: From a Signature Restorative Facial to a to a Gentleman’s Facial to a Medical Grade Facial,
we offer a variety of facial treatments to give you spa luxury.
- Chemical Peels: Our innovative chemical peels treat acne, blackheads, whiteheads, sun damage, age damage, wrinkles and more through simulating, gentle, non-traumatic peels.
- Obagi Medical Products: The Obagi line of products offers transformative skin care through foaming gels, cleansers, toners, exfoliants and more.
- CosMedix Products: The CosMedix line of skin products includes a correction program, a cleanser, an antioxidant solution, exfoliators, serums and more.
- Lasers: We have a full suite of lasers to provide skin care to our patients, treating everything from sun-damaged skin to unwanted hair with the latest and most cutting-edge options.
- Pelleve: Wrinkles aren’t just another inevitability in life—with Pellevé® Wrinkle Reduction Treatment, you can achieve tighter, firmer, smoother skin in a quick in-office treatment that’s fully approved by the FDA.
- PicoSure: Revitalization treatments will target fine lines and wrinkles, even out skin tone, improve elasticity by collagen stimulation and decrease the appearance of acne scarring. Enjoy these treatments monthly to keep you “Red Carpet Ready” at all times.
Whatever your skin concern—wrinkles, acne, sun damage or something else—Pinehurst Laser as a solution for you. Talk to us anytime about breathing new life into your skin and turning back the clock on damage!
Set Up Your Consultation